About

The Bakery was born out of a passion for real bread that could be enjoyed by not only my family, but others too.

I have been baking bread for more than 15 years and now rarely buy bread, unless it is extra special.

My bread making really goes back to when I was 16 years old and worked in a small family run bakery. It would sound good if I could say that it inspired me to bake at home, but the opposite is true. The bread was not really good, hard after a day and nothing like I was used to. It led me  to believe that proper bread could not be made at home or in a small bakery and just had to come from a shop.

At this point, I should say that I am originally from the Czech Republic and Czech bread is quite dense, close to sourdough and utterly delicious. Even the ones that are produced in large factories.

Although my grandparents own a farm which has several fields where wheat is grown, my family has never made bread at home! So, I can't even say that I have a special recipe from my grandmother's old cookery book.

So, when I discovered real bread making there was no stopping me. There is something magical about taking freshly baked bread from the oven and then eating it with just butter. I love mixing different flours and then arriving with different flavours of bread. There is just so many to choose from !

I am also passionate about chocolate and all things sugarcraft. I have been making chocolate truffles for over 13 years now and recently picked up extra skills and ideas, whilst training at the famous Slattery in Manchester
. I constantly update my skills, whether it is to do intensive week sugarcraft course or being glued to the latest Peggy Porshen book.

After a very stressful 2011, when my work life was turned upside down, I decided to resign from my  demanding high level management job and throw myself into baking, making and creating.

I hope you enjoy the results !

Magdalena







 

Keep in touch